1. Chumbawamba (Pissing the Night Away)
2. Beer for My Horses (Whiskey for My Men)
3. It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere
4. Whiskey Girl
5. Margaritaville (But there's booze in the blender/And soon it will render/That frozen concoction that helps me hang on)
6. Friends in Low Places ('Cause I've got friends in low places/Where the whisky drowns/And the beer chases my blues away/And I'll be OK.)
7. Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off, and,
Are you seeing a pattern here? Yes, they’re all drinking songs! What the hell?! Do I give off that vibe? Or is it her vibe?! LOL, I don’t know, but I do have fun running to some of these songs. We
did have may have had quite a few parties when she was growing up, and yes, alcohol was may have been involved quite of bit, a lot, on occasion, so I can see where this might be coming from.
In all seriousness though, the music can motivate me and either make or break my run. I have other songs on my ipod shuffle that don’t motivate me in the least, and in fact has the opposite effect, making me struggle to go the distance. I try to skip those. Songs that have tempos that match my pace and have a beat that matches my down-step are the best. It’s like the beats per minute in a song match my steps per minute while running. It’s like having my own personal pacer for company.
There are some purists out there that enjoy running in total silence. Some people say that music doesn’t motivate them at all, that the silence, putting on the miles and listening to the sound of their own heartbeat is what motivates them. Seriously?! LOL, I love silence myself when I’m outside enjoying nature, but when I’ve got miles to put on, and it’s hard, hot and sweaty work, give me some good upbeat music any day. ♩♪♫♬. Of course there are safety factors when running with headphones; traffic, verbal warnings, muggers....