July 22, 2011

What's Wrong With This Picture?

What's Wrong With This Picture? And NO - it isn't my chubby, pasty white legs! You'll just have to read on to find out!

Pretty soon they’re going to start referring to me as The Crazy Lady on the Mountain.” Thank goodness “they” can’t see me for the most part. If they could, they might see something like this.  

I had a great run on the treadmill this morning. I listened to some good tunes with my ipod and headphones, sang a little - very little, LOL. Have you ever tried running and singing? It’s not an easy feat, let me tell you.

But sometimes I just have to belt it out. You know how it is. I can do that in the mountains. Nobody can hear me - except my husband and dogs. I sing, he smiles. I ask him if he likes my singing. He only hesitates a fraction of a second, barely even perceptible, before replying, “I like the fact that you’re singing.” Hmmm. Very diplomatic, as well he should be after 23 years of marriage.

My dogs love my singing, too. When I sing, they get that worried-maniacal-what-the-hell-is-going-on look, really excited, jump up and down, all happy, tails and tongues wagging. My captive audience. *smiles*

Of course, when you sing with headphones, you think, damn, I sound good. But my husband laughs and shakes his head. What?! I say. You know you like it!

Anyway, I finished my run, which went amazingly well. I love those days when I don't completely suck at running I feel like I can run all day. I ran four (yes, 4 mph really is running!) miles and then sat on the floor to stretch. Stretched one leg, then the other. Put my feet together and pull them in.

And then, What’s this? I ask myself. Why is one sole so much whiter than the other? Wait! What the...?

Yes, the crazy lady from the mountain had on two different running shoes and didn’t even notice. *sighs*

If nothing else, I’m good for a laugh.

Happy Friday!


No comments: