March 25, 2012

Sunshine Blog Award

Woo Hoo! Today I am boasting posting about my Sunshine Blog Award, given to me by the fabulous JE Fritz over at Still Writing.

Thank you very much J.E.!

I do love blog awards - it means someone has kindly thought about me, which is awesome. I collect them, you know. They have their own page and everything, sort of like a special trophy room with shelving, only in cyber space. You can admire check them out above on the tab marked "Blog Awards."  

One of the best things about receiving this award, is passing the sunshine along. So here is what you do:



  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
  • Write a post about it.
  • Answer the questions below.
  • Pass it on to 10 bloggers who you think really deserve it and let them know.
As for the questions…


Favorite color: I wear mostly earth tones, but my favorite color is green.


Favorite animal: I love them all, but I find puppies especially sweet.


Favorite number: 444 - it's supposed to be an especially spiritual number. Now that you've seen this, it will start popping up everywhere!

Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Iced Green Tea (it goes especially well with sushi - yum!)


Facebook or Twitter: I don't tweet, so Facebook it is!

My passion: Writing, reading and traveling, especially all at the same time.

Getting or giving presents: I get so much more out of giving. Not to say that I don't like getting, too! Presents are pretty fun:)

Favorite pattern: No patterns on clothes, but for jewelry, I like the celtic patterns.


Favorite day of the week: Friday or Saturday.

Favorite flower: Sunflowers of all kinds. They make me happy. I once grew black ones and they were so awesome!


The ten people I’ll pass this award to:


1. Angela Brown because she's always sunshiny.
2. Katie at Creepy Query Girl - just check out her sunshiny face.
3. Death by Chocolate because chocolate is happy and happy is sunshiny.
4. Elise Fallson - check out crackmeupology, now that's sunshiny.
5. Erin Shakespear - because she's sunshiny and I didn't see the sunshine award on her site!
6. Zaps Lobster Tank because anyone on a 10th rewrite deserves some sunshine!
7. Yelena Casale - she happily just earned her Nidan, a 2nd degree black belt, so here's some more sunshine!
8. Sarah at Empty White Pages because she's musical and sunshiny!
9. Nancy Thompson because she has some sunshiny news.....
10. Sharon, my critique partner, at The Blue Word - because she has sunshiny news, too! 

Everyone can use some Sunshine in their lives and this is such an easy way to do it! 

18 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! I didn't know there were black sunflowers. And it's not easy being green.

J E Fritz said...

Of course you deserve this award. And 444 is an awesome number :)

Gwen Gardner said...

Alex, Thank you:) the world is so full of amazing things, huh?

JE, thanks for giving it to me:) I bet you'll start seeing 444 everywhere, too - let me know, lol!

Sarah Tokeley said...

Aww thanks for thinking of me Gwen, that's lovely. I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled for 444 now :-)

Gwen Gardner said...

Sarah, wait and see! You will start seeing 444!

Nancy Thompson said...

Thanks, Gwen! How sweet! I'm leaving in an hour for Arizona but I'll try to get to this when I get back and before the A to Z, if I can fit it in.

And puppies are my all-time favorite! Who can resist one?! I have two big dogs at home myself. they are my very best friends!!

And I'm not much of a Tweeter. Certainly not a good one.

Gwen Gardner said...

Nancy, you're welcome. Have fun in Arizona - I used to live in Tucson:)

Angela Brown said...

Thanks so much, Lady Gwen. You've added a bit of sunshine to my day. And congrats on receiving the award as well.

Francesca Zappia said...

Thanks so much! This definitely made my day. ^_^

Francesca Zappia said...

Thanks so much! This definitely made my day. ^_^

YelenaC said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award! :)

Sharon Bayliss said...

I'm a fan of 444 too. Although I feel like I always see it as just "44". Thanks for passing along the award!

Gwen Gardner said...

Francesca, I'm so glad:)

Yelena, you're welcome:)

Sharon, whatever the number, it's pause for thought. And you're welcome - not as good as being a quarter finalist, but it's just a little more sunshine:)

Southpaw said...

I didn't know 444 is a special number. I will keep a look out for it.

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Congratulations, Gwen, on the award!

I agree - sunflowers are the happiest flowers =D

Gwen Gardner said...

Southpaw, yes, it's a symbol of God's love.

inluvwithwords, thank you to a fellow sunflower lover:)

Romelle Broas said...

We are kindred spirits! We both run, write, and have been extras. How about that? Don't know when my book will come out...but the illustrator is working on it.

Anyway, congratulations on your numerous blog awards! (I meant to post my previous comment here)

Gwen Gardner said...

Romelle, right? Being on tv was on my bucket list, lol. Can't wait to see your book and the pictures they come up with - it really was such a cute story. Makes me want to write one:)