June 8, 2012

BuNoWriMo June 2012

(First, you might be tired of hearing this, but please go to my new author site and follow. I'll be duplicate-posting until all my lovely followers make it over to my new site.)

ON TO THE REASON FOR THIS POST:

I'm participating in BuNoWriMo (Burrow Novel Writing Month), a month-long writing marathon during the month of June.

Head to the Burrow! You can find us on Facebook under BuNoWriMo.

The task is to *gulp* write 50,000 words! That's 1666.66 words per day, IF you write every day, including weekends.

I'm already crazy behind. After three chapters I didn't know where I was going so I had to stop and write an outline that took three days!!! But now it's plotted, complete with whodunnit and how and when. Needless to say, I am not a panster.

The best part about BuNoWriMo is that it forces me to get a start on my second book in the Indigo Eady Paranormal Mystery Series, A Guilty Ghost Surprised. When you consider the first novel is 68,000 words, that's a pretty good start.

Keep an eye on my badge in the sidebar because as my word count increases, more of the badge is revealed. How cool is that?!

What are you doing during the month of June? Writing? Editing? Are you making progress? Taking the summer off?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never heard of BuNoWriMo. It sounds like NaNoWriMo--that was hard! I made my goal, but it took a lot of effort.

What am I doing? I'm editing my YA novel PODs and trying to finish up the third and final book in my "Milayna" series (and crossing my fingers that my editor likes them enough to contract them!).

I'm also gearing up for a big celebration on July first when my debut novel, Concilium, is released.

Good luck with BuNoWriMo! I'll be watching your badge. :)

Michelle
www.michelle-pickett.com

Gwen Gardner said...

Michelle, it's the same as NaNo, only 50K words. And it is tiring but fulfilling:) You're a busy lady with all these books! Can wait for Concillium!

Anonymous said...

I followed the new site.

I'll be editing and revising this month.

Good luck on your goals.

Deborah Walker said...

Good luck, Gwen. You know I don't know what I'm doing in June. Children are just back to school after half-term, so I can think a bit.

I fancy doing something a bit different.

Gwen Gardner said...

Medeia, thank you:) Good luck on your edits!

Deborah, "different" sounds good. How fun with it, lol!