August 23, 2012

We Are Here, We Are Here, We Are Here!


Oscar Pistorius
"I complained that I had no shoes,
until I met a man who had no feet"
Indian Proverb
 And by "we" I really mean me!

I haven't gone anywhere, I've just been hanging over at my new digs, Gwen Gardner, YA Author.

If you haven't been by yet, please drop in. Lots of exciting stuff is going on over there!

So here I am at Run Gwen, Run! It feels good to be back. I've been wondering what to do with this blog. I really do love it here. But I've been wondering if all my writer friends will continue stopping by since I moved. But then I thought, writer's want to be healthy too! They need motivation and inspiration to be healthy, mind, body and soul.

I've struggled with health issues for a while, but the biggest problem I have is weight related. And so this month I've made the committment to move more and eat less.

I've set small goals so as not to give myself an impossible task. So far, it's going great! My goal for this month is to lose ten pounds. I'm really close!


How are you all doing?
Need inspiration?
You might find something on my Inspiration page above.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run, Gwen, run!

I started running again back in June and have been doing pretty good so far.

Stay motivated. :)

Gwen Gardner said...

Linda, good for you! How's that going? I haven't started running yet - my lung capacity at 9000 ft. elevation is giving me problems. But I'm walking 3 miles per day (in addition to the normal day-to-day mileage) and I hope to start running again in a couple of months.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to run 3 miles at least 3 days a week. I feel so much better when I do. But walking is good too, especially if the elevation is giving you problems. You don't want to cause harm to yourself. Just stay in the game...:)

LTM said...

Move more, eat less. Always a good goal. And you've moved through the interwebs! That's what's been going on... :D

omg--I saw Oscar Pistorius run in the Olympics, and I was just crying like a baby. :D Here's wishing you all the best with both your inspiration and your health goals! <3

Gwen Gardner said...

Linda - 3 miles is so good! I'm working on it.

LTM, thank you so much. And I just adore Oscar Pistorius. He's so inspiring:)

Unknown said...

It's great to read about others making a committment to their health. I made a drastic change in my eating habits well over a year ago and have felt so much better in addition to losing weight. I'm jumping in to exercise now!

Gwen Gardner said...

Caitlin, where have you been?! It's so good to see you again. Are you back to posting again?

You know, better eating habits and just getting up and moving do make you feel so much better. When I'm eating crappy, I feel crappy, lol!