September 15, 2011
Who Received the Versatile Blogger Award?!
I am so excited! This is my second blog award. In case you’re wondering, it doesn’t get old! I want to thank the lovely Maeve Frazier over at LolliPop's Cottage for giving me this awesome Versatile Blogger Award! Maeve writes children's books AND gives us awesome cookie recipes to go with them. How cool is that?!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Maeve!!
Here are the rules for receiving and awarding this awesome blog award. Anyone who accepts this is asked by the person selecting them to do three things:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post. *check*
2. Share 7 things about yourself *check*
3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it! *check*
I have “discovered” so many new awesome blogs (and they have discovered me!) in the past few weeks thanks to Rachael Harrie’s Platform-Building Campaign. I didn’t know where to begin. So I started at the end…of my follower button and worked my way back. I wanted to pass on this award to the new blogs I discovered who have not received the Versatile Blogger Award yet. And let me tell you, it was tough! So many awesome bloggers have already received this award! But I did it, so here we go:
Here are the 7 things I want to share about myself. If you want to know more, click on the links:
1. I am the daughter of a Vietnam Vet, wife of a Vietnam Vet, and the Mother-in-Law of an Iraq Vet. Yeah, I know all about you guys.
2. I have one awesome daughter! She had a VSD (ventricular septal defect) at birth (basically 3 holes in her heart) and open heart surgery at a year old. Her “zipper” is horizontal. She went on to play softball, baseball, soccer and gymnastics for years. She ran her first marathon last year. She’s totally awesome!
3. When I was a little girl I hated my name. Gwendolyn is such a long name for such a little girl. My husband once wrote a love letter to me from a cozy little pub in London and addressed it to Lady Gwendolyn. Suddenly my name was special. The name stuck. I have an awesome husband! I’ve been married for 23 years. I made my husband work hard for my hand. He says he chased me until I caught him. And it’s true. I made a lucky catch.
4. I live in the Rocky Mountains at approximately 9000 ft. elevation. Coming from a California girl who grew up at sea level, I’m on top of the world. And gasping for air.
5. I started running almost two years ago and lost 40 pounds. I still have 40 to go. I am literally running my butt off. I ran my first half marathon this past June. Who’s up for next year?!
6. I quit my job in California and moved to the mountains in Colorado to become a writer. I decided that my “someday” had finally come and dreams really do come true. And life is too short to not be doing what you want!
7. I love, love, love to travel. I’ve been to Europe 3 times. France, Italy, Austria, Scotland, Ireland, England. And of course Mexico since I grew up on the Mexican/American border. I feel an affinity with all things English. I’m a complete anglophile.
Here are the 15 blogs, (in no particular order) that I would like to share this award with:
1. J.L. Campbell at Snippets and Splashes, http://snippetsandsplashes.blogspot.com/
2. Nadja Notariani at An Author’s Adventure, http://nadjanotariani.blogspot.com/
3. Linda Gray at Critique Sisters Corner, http://critiquesisterscorner.blogspot.com/
4. Mel Fowler at Adventure Writes, http://adventurewrites.blogspot.com//
5. Juliet Greenwood at http://julietgreenwoodauthor.wordpress.com/
6. Niiganab at http://niiganab.blogspot.com/
7. Sher A. Hart: Fantasy Writer’s Fancies, http://sherahart.blogspot.com/
8. Angela Kulig, Angela Write Now, at http://angelawritenow.blogspot.com/
9. Crystal Collier, Compulsive Creator, at http://crystalcollier.blogspot.com/
10. Ali Cross at http://www.alicross.com/
11. Charlie Quillen at http://charlie-quillen.blogspot.com/
12. Deana Barnhart at http://deanabarnhart.blogspot.com/
13. Kelley at Writtled, http://writtled.blogspot.com/
14. Angelina Hansen at http://yascribe.blogspot.com/
15. Sarah Pearson, Empty White Pages at http://emptywhitepages.blogspot.com/
Thank you again, Maeve. Congratulations to all of the new recipients!