February 13, 2012
11 Questions from the Platform-Building Campaigners
Thanks, Melissa Maygrove, for tagging me in the 11 Questions game. We Platform Building blog campaigners are having some fun playing the blogging writer's version of 20 Questions. So sit back and enjoy.
Here are the 11 questions given to me by Melissa:
1. If you were given a yacht, what would you name it?
Hmmm, sea vessels are always named after women. I'd name it after the name my husband gave me: The Lady Gwendolyn. Or after my dog, HRH Koko "Puff."
2. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
I'm presuming you mean something legal - wouldn't it be fun to freak people out by driving?!
3. Where's your favorite place to write?
I write in my loft. Two picture windows looking out on ten acres of pine and aspen (snow-covered at the moment).
4. Give us a sample of a conversation you might have with one of your characters:
Me: "Tell me the truth - do ghosts watch us undress? It's just that, you know, male relatives coming back for a visit...."
MC: "Get a grip, Gwen. Just because you write me, doesn't mean I have to answer silly questions."
Me: "No, but really...."
MC: Rolls her eyes.
5. What punctuation mark best describes your personality? Why?
Oooh, good question. I'm pretty "lower keyboard." Probably the question mark because I'm always questioning everything.
6. Just like "Everybody Wang Chung tonight!", what action would your name be if it were a verb?
7. What's one thing you'd like others to know about you?
I write YA Paranormal Romance and I like to read it too. But I also read classic literature, british mysteries and spiritual/inspirational books.
8. What's one misconception people tend to have about you?
That I'm standoffish. But really I'm just quiet and socially inept.
9. Who cares if the glass is half empty or half full. What's in the glass?
Cabernet Sauvignon. Oh and I like one of those little charms on the stem, too. The Eiffel Tower is my favorite.
10. Name one of your strengths when it comes to writing?
I'm think I'm pretty good at writing mishaps:)
And last, but not least...
11. What's the most unusual or outrageous thing you've ever done to understand and perfect a character's POV? (Let's see if Carrie will answer this one honestly. *Gotcha Grin*)
I'd rather hear this from Carrie!
I am tagging some of my new followers from the campaign (your questions follow!):
1. Elodie at commutinggirl
2. Dawn Montgomery at The Write Way, My Way
3. Kevin Hiatt Graphophobia
4. Nick Hight at Writing Fire
5. Alynza Smith at The Write Journey
6. Yvie Gonya at wandering on the edge of paradise
7. Ruth "inluvwithwords" at Out on a Limb
8. Shannon at Green Monkey Tales
9. Gina Carey
10. Melissa at have your heard?
11. Jess at Write. Skate. Dream.
Consider yourselves tagged!
Here's your 11:
1. What is your secret weapon of choice?
2. If you could sit down for coffee with any historical figure, who would it be?
3. Any "famous" figures in your ancestry? Who and what did they do?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. What was the #1 song the day you were born?
6. What is your favorite genre to read and why?
7. Who is your favorite literary character and why?
8. Besides reading and writing, what is your favorite pastime or hobby?
9. If you could switch places with one person for 24 hours, who would it be? Why?
10. What is the area you live in most famous for?
And last, but not least...
11. What are the top 5 programs you watch on television?
*When you've posted these questions with your answers on your blog, come back and leave a comment letting us know. ; )