May 20, 2011

What Are You Wearing Right Now?

This is me after my run.
If you are a writer and work from home, what are you wearing right now? You know who you are! 

The other day I had to laugh at myself when I realized what I was wearing. I had finished my run and was feeling pretty lazy and wasn't ready to hop into the shower yet.

So I pulled off my sweaty running clothes (without removing my running shoes), pulled on a sleeveless, RED cotton sundress, and since it was cold, I put on a long-sleeved, PURPLE thermal shirt over that.

My hair (unbrushed) was thrown up into a pony tail and kind of wadded up on the last twist of the hair tie so I sort of had a half-loop pony tail sticking out the side of my head.

Let me tell you, I was thankful that we live in the woods and rarely get company.  I wouldn't have wanted anyone to see me like that. 

So I got to thinking: what do other writers or people who work from home wear during the day?  I'm grateful that I don't have to get up and go through the whole nylons-heels-dress routine (for now anyway), which I've done for most of my life. I really need to finish and sell my novel so that I won't ever have to go through that whole dressing-up routine again!

Does this sound familiar to anyone out there!?

No comments: