This is just a heads up on my upcoming Blogoversary and planned Blogfest in September.
Yay! It’s almost my first blogoversary! This past blogging year has gone by so fast and I’ve really had a lot fun doing it. So to celebrate, I am going to host my very first Blogfest:
The Judge and Jury Blogfest
All Rise! The Judge (me) enters the courtroom. My Jury consists of the first twelve (12) bloggers to sign up for this Blogfest. Now – Round Up the Usual Suspects and we’ll have a trial!
Everyone who enters the Blogfest is a Suspect (including the Jury – they’re not getting off with a slap on the wrist. But not me – cuz I’m Da Judge). The Jury will vote on the Suspect guilty of writing the best defense scene. Any tie votes will be decided by the Judge.
HOW DO I PLAY?
Every Suspect (remember, this includes the Jury) must write a short defense scene in 300 words or less (a short intro to the scene is acceptable). It can be about anything legal or illegal, minor or major. A stolen kiss, cheating, robbery – even murder! It does not have to involve the law or court. Feel like sharing a scene from your manuscript? Cool! Or maybe a scene from a short story you’ve written? Awesome! It only has to be a scene where someone defends themselves against something.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- The blogfest will run from Monday, September 5 – Saturday, September 10.
- At 12:01am Monday, September 5, a linky tool will go live on Run Gwen, Run!
- Post your entry on your blog and then add a direct link to your post to the linky tool on my blog before 11:59 p.m. September 10th.
- Come back on Wednesday, September 14 to see the six finalists (chosen by the Jury), and then again on Saturday, September 17 to see the winners!
- All genres and forms are welcome.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO?
· Copy the Judge and Jury badge and post it as a link to the sidebar of your blog
· Tell all your blogger friends about the blogfest
· Go to the other contestant’s blogs and give them some comment love during the challenge week 9/5 – 9/10.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
· Each of the 12 Jurors will receive a $5 Amazon Gift Card since serving on the Jury is compulsory (According to the Judge, this should in no way be construed as a bribe!)
· A $10 Amazon Gift Card booby prize will be awarded randomly to a new follower – I’ve already picked out the Follower’s number. You may already be a winner!
· Third place prize is a $5 Amazon Gift Card
· Second place prize is a $10 Amazon Gift Card
· FIRST PRIZE is a $15 Amazon Gift Card
AND NOW...I HAVE A CONFESSION TO MAKE
*Dramatic courtroom music plays – the kind from the old black and white movies*
I am Guilty. I mean really, really, really, Guilty...of wanting more Followers. I have 35 of the dearest Followers right now, but for this blogfest to be really successful, I need more. More, more, more. So I’m throwing myself on the mercy of the
blogger court. Please spread the word to your other blogger friends about this blogfest, and if they have as much fun as I’m hoping, maybe they’ll Follow me!
Whew! I feel lighter already. Confession really is good for the soul.
PLEASE leave a comment to let me know your thoughts! It’s my very first time hosting a Blogfest, so any advice is welcome.