The grand prize is a chance at a publishing contract with Curiosity Quills!
Here are the details:
The contest is open only to unpublished manuscripts in the categories of New Adult / Upper YA (protags in late teens, early 20′s) and Young Adult (protags in mid-to-late teens). If you have an adult manuscript you'd like Curiosity Quills to consider, just follow their standard submission guidelines.
Under the YA and NA umbrella, Curiosity Quills is most interested in the following genres:
- Speculative Fiction / Dark Sci-Fi / Traditional Sci-Fi
- Paranormal and Urban Fantasy
- Steampunk / NeoVictorian
- Mystery / Crime Thrillers
- Quirky/Humorous Fiction (in any of the above genres)
Here are the rules:
1) Sign up with the linky at Sharon's blog HERE.
2) By 5/25, post your query and first 500 words on your blog.
3) From 5/25-5/28, pop over to the other blogs and comment on entries. Contests like this are a great way to get useful feedback from a lot of people. So let's make it useful! Please post meaningful and helpful feedback that can be used to improve our work. Constructive criticism is encouraged but of course, unhelpful meanness is a no-go. If you're lucky, you may even find comments from Curiosity Quills editors themselves.
4) On 5/28 Sharon will post again asking you to email her your revised, final entries for consideration by Krystal. From these entries, Krystal will choose winners (assuming entries are strong enough, she will choose more than one winner!). These winners will get a full request from Curiosity Quills.
It's going to be fun, so please join us!