May 8, 2012

Meditation Day 8 - Tribal Winds

Day 8 of Meditation for a Month over at Soul Speak, hosted by Jodi Chapman.

I decided to go tribal again, since yesterday's meditation worked out so well. Plus, it requires very little on my part except to sit still and listen. Today's CD is called Tribal Winds, music from Native American Flutes. But of course, it was much more than just flutes. Some drumming, some chanting, some hawk or eagle sounds, an owl, plus rain and rolling thunder. I love rain and rolling thunder.

Here is what the back of the CD says:

"For centuries, Native American people have honored the wind with their haunting, meditative flute music. On this one-of-a-kind intertribal collection, evocative flute songs performed by unsurpassed masters blend with drums, chants and authentic natural sounds, so that the wind might once again carry these ethereal, wistful strains to the far corners of the earth."

The front indicates this music is created by Cheyenne, Comanche, Ute, Navajo, Zuni, Dakota, Kiowa-Apache, Mandan and Algonkian.


Here is the first track
called Creator's Prayer

I listened to the first five tracks, which was about 18.27 minutes. It flew by! I only planned on the first three tracks, or about 12.76 minutes. It just goes to show how relaxing it is.

I didn't have any earth shattering epiphanies or anything like that, just good, solid, relaxation. I highly recommend it.

To see what others are saying about Day 8 of Meditation, go HERE.


4 comments:

Jennie Bennett said...

This sounds like something I need to do. My life is too hectic!

Sharon Bayliss said...

I find just reading these posts relaxing. They also remind me that I am not relaxed!

Claire Hennessy said...

I listened to both the tracks this morning (yesterday's and today's) so thanks for that. Then sat in silence for a while. Relaxing :)

Gwen Gardner said...

J.A., everyone can benefit from it!

Sharon, LOL, you have a lot going on. You should try it:)

Claire, They have lots of other sound tracks on youtube, too.